Action Planning Introduction
Action planning is a six step process involving:
1. Establishing a clear scope for the capability-building effort,
2. Building a vision for achieving the end goal,
3. Reviewing and finalizing the strategies that will guide the agency’s actions,
4. Determining a prioritized set and sequence of actions that will achieve the vision and use the strategies,
5. Building a team that will carry out the plan, and finally,
6. Monitoring and adjusting the approach as needed to achieve the goal and create a baseline for future action plans.
This action planning process can be simplified, expanded or adapted to meet an agency’s needs and fit within existing processes– the guidance provided in this chapter is intended as a starting point.