Back to Position Library
Remote Sensing Technician
The remote sensing technician creates and verifies three-dimensional (3D) terrain mapping models for preliminary project development. Responsibilities are performed under direct supervision.
- Performs quality control on data delivered to the department by mapping consultant.
- Participates in the planning or development of mapping projects.
- Participates in measuring operations to establish field, project, and quality control.
- Maintains records of survey data, documents methods used, and writes reports containing information collected.
- Manages backup processes of project, compilation, consultant delivered, and scanned data.
- Compiles data to create 3D terrain models of areas requested by district project managers and designers, using an assortment of computer aided drafting and design (CADD) programs.
- Creates file structures in which to compile 3D information, including loading digital imagery and project data on digital mapping workstation or any other technologies utilized by the department.
- Prepares aerial graphics for use by legal personnel, senior management and others for hearings and public
- Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
High School Diploma or GED/HiSET and a post high school course equivalent to three credit hours in mapping or surveying. A passing score on the depth perception test.
See More Details
Click a job title below to expand