TxDOT's Strategic Planning Division is looking for a well-organized, self-motivated leader to join the team. We champion strategic planning and business process improvement for the department. A key focus of this role will be to direct and manage the daily activities of the Strategy & Planning Section in support of the division's goal to ensure. Department maintains a path toward achieving Department vision, mission, goals and objectives. Work involves overseeing and coordinating responsibilities of the Policy Governance Program, Futures Planning, the Operational Performance and Analytics, and Continuity of Operations teams. Work requires extensive interaction and contact with district and division management teams, executive leadership, stakeholders and other relevant parties or entities. Supervises a group of professional employees. Reports directly to the Strategic Planning Division Director. Employees at this level are virtually self-supervising and assume direct accountability for the work product.
The essential duties for this job include:
- Ascertains department readiness for change to meet department goals and identifies appropriate implementation measures.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with vendors, key stakeholders and internal partners.
- Communicates strategic needs, goals, and objectives.
- Directs the incorporation of effective change and risk management controls.
- Oversees project analyses, monitors the impact of changes in existing processes and procedures, and identifies strategies for accomplishing the desired outcome.
- Provides updates to management and Administration.
- Represents the Department at national, state and local meetings and conferences.
- Directs ongoing analysis of strategies and tactics to ensure department goals are being met.
- Provides leadership to the Branch to meet the objectives. Communicates a clear vision of the objectives and manages the branch in achieving them.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
Communicate effectively strategic planning concepts and continuous improvement methods. Persuasion and negotiation of critical issues. Exercises logic and reasoning to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; makes decisions that support business objectives and goals; facilitating groups using effective communications methods; contributing to and guiding groups in defining objectives, staying on task and reaching consensus; soliciting participation, challenging ideas and summarizing accomplishments and planned actions. Researching, analyzing and solving complex technical, operational and managerial issues. Public relations for maintaining effective working relationships with individuals and groups. Planning, overseeing, and coordinating multiple projects and program activities; evaluating results; and making necessary adjustments to meet short and long term deadlines. Communicating complex ideas and information clearly, concisely, and effectively maintaining a safe working environment. Education: This job requires the following: Bachelor's Degree.
Master's Degree preferred